With a round-trip time of 2.5 to 3 hours, this 10-mile Float Trip is the ideal length: long enough for a full river adventure, yet short enough to allow you to enjoy other Jackson Hole activities the same day.
All of our trips start in Moose, Wyoming. Park in the Float Trip Parking Lot across the street from the GTNP Visitor's Center. Your boatman will pick you up in a green Barker-Ewing van, and transport you the launch site, ten miles upriver. Your boatman will guide you down the Snake, and you'll end the trip about 100 yards from your car.
• Casual clothing such as slacks or jeans
• Jacket or sweater
• Soft-soled shoes
• Hat with visor
• Water bottle
• Sunscreen and sunglasses
• Cameras and binoculars (at your own risk)
• Transportation from Moose Village to the launch site (you’ll end the float trip about a hundred yards from your car)
• Rain ponchos in the event of sudden showers
• Life preservers, which must be worn at all times when in the rafts
• For private float trips, we provide a cooler with ice for your use
The minimum age for children on our scenic trips is six years with a minimum weight of 50 pounds.
In the event of questionable weather, please call us about an hour before your scheduled departure. Weather conditions can vary throughout the valley, and it is often difficult to predict prevailing conditions until very close to the meeting time. We reserve the right to cancel trips due to inclement weather.
Float Trip times vary according to hours of available daylight and river water levels. Please check our reservations page for current float times or call us at 1.800.365.1800 or 307.733.1800.
Yes, please download a copy of our brochure here.
Refunds will be given if Barker-Ewing cancels your Float Trip due to inclement weather, or if we receive your notice of cancellation at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled trip (72 hours prior for private rafts).